The reason some women are able to reuse their virgin human hair products for as long as a year is the maintenance practice. The better you take care of your hair, the longer it will last.
In order to ensure long-lasting hair bundles and closure, the following tips prove useful:
To get rid of tangles, gently comb out human hair bundles by a wide tooth brush or a detangling brush. While combing, do not just insert the brush to the root of the hair, start combing from the ends and slowly work your way to the top (the root of hair). To avoid removing the hair while combing, support the virgin hair with your hand.
It is advisable to wash the hair at least once a week, but not more than three times in one week. Washing the hair too much will make it too dry and they will get damaged faster. It is best to wash gently with warm water and a very gentle shampoo, free of sulphite. Always apply moisturising conditioner after washing. Rinse the hair until it dries.
Pat the hair dry and avoid rubbing with a towel as it leads to breakage. It is better to leave human hair bundles dry in air, as excessive use of hair dryer will lead to damage of the hair. However, if necessary the dryer should add a cool setting, and the hair should be combed out gently with a wide tooth brush while drying.
Styling Human Hair
It is best to discuss your human hair style preferences with your stylist. Use styling products that are alcohol free such as mousse, gel, and hairspray in moderation. Avoid oily or greasy products, as it can cause extreme tangling of the hair.
Excessive use of heat causes the ends of the hair to weaken, break and become brittle. If heat must be used, heat protectant must be applied to the hair before-hand. The use of flat irons should be avoided as much as possible.
Other Things to Take Note of:
- Avoid touching the hair too much. Touching human hair leads to the transfer of oils from your hand to the hair, leaving it unsightly.
- Rinse your hair in tap water before and after going into the swimming pool. The heavily chlorinated water has damaging effects on human hair.
- Do not use towels to rigorously dry out your human hair bundles in order to avoid breakage.
- Oil your scalp whenever it feels itchy. Avoid scratching because it can result in frizzy roots and noticeable tracks.
- When storing your human hair, put them in well ventilated packs, and in such a way that they do not get matted and tangled.